2021: Creating a Lexicon of Future
Wellbeing is not just the absence of disease or illness. It’s a complex combination of a person’s physical, mental, emotional and social health factors. Wellbeing is strongly linked to happiness and life satisfaction. In short, wellbeing could be described as how you feel about yourself and your life. ~ Better Health Channel
- Emotional — Cultivating an emotional capacity that encompasses optimism, self-esteem, self-acceptance and the ability to form healthy relationships.
- Environmental — Encouraging a way of life that maximizes harmony with the earth and minimizes harm to the environment.
- Financial — Ensuring the ability to effectively manage your current and future economic life.
- Intellectual — Exercising the mind through creative and stimulating mental activities to expand knowledge and improve skills.
- Occupational — Using your gifts, skills, and talents in order to gain purpose, happiness, and enrichment as part of a balanced life.
- Physical — Making a habit of healthy behaviors including adequate exercise, proper nutrition, and abstaining from harmful habits.
- Social — Developing the ability to interact successfully in our local and global community and creating networks of support.
- Spiritual — Possessing a set of guiding beliefs, principles, or values that help give direction to one’s life.